Update: thanks for all the enthusiastic responses! I’m looking forward to getting these patterns into your hands!
I’ve had half a dozen quilt patterns in various stages of the publication process for the past year or so. With my longarm quilting business up and running, the pattern side of things is next on my list! The first three are almost ready to launch!
I’ve had some new ideas brewing for the past week, and they came to a boil last night. Four new patterns! My geeky sewists, you are going to LOVE them!
But before I can release them to the world, I need YOU to test drive them!
As a pattern tester you will:
- Make the quilt top, following the pattern instructions from start to finish, by the agreed upon deadline
- Double check my quilt math and fabric requirements
- Tell me if the diagrams and instructions make sense
- Confirm that I’ve given it the right difficulty level
- Send me good quality photos of your finished quilt top
- Keep everything secret until I give the ok to launch.
In exchange for your efforts you get some pretty fab perks! Depending on the size and complexity of the piece you make, I can offer you:
- An advance copy of the pattern, and copies of the final printed pattern
- Your name credited in the final pattern, my enthusiastic reposting of your finished product, and my expression of gratitude all over the internets during the pattern launch
- Tips, tricks, and tutorials on techniques used in the pattern
- Fabric for your pattern test
- Machine quilting of your finished quilt top
Ready to start? Great!