I love a good quilt-along! Quilting has always been about community, and the Glitch Quilt Along (or Glitch-Along) will be a great way to bond with your fellow quilters. Support, inspiration, prizes, maybe a little drama… You won’t want to miss this one!
Glitch Quilt Along
Dates: August 19 through October 27
Duration: 10 weeks
Quilt Size: 64″ x 64″ Throw
We’re going to take our time with this one. You’ll learn how to foundation piece strip sets accurately and efficiently, make the 4 types of blocks, and get those offset seams to line up. I have lots of tips and tricks to share with you along the way!
Week 1: Pick your fabric, get your pattern, print your foundations, plan your coloring sheet
Week 2: Cut
Week 3: Make Thick Strip Sets
Week 4: Make Block 1s
Week 5: Make Thin Strip Sets
Week 6: Make Block 2s
Week 7: Make Blocks 3s & 4s
Week 8: Sew blocks into pairs
Week 9: Sew pairs into quadrants
Week 10: Finish quilt top
How to Quilt Along
Share your progress on Instagram using #glitchalong. That’s where you’ll find the weekly photo prompts, livestreams, and more! Sign up here to be eligible for prizes, and get the weekly emails with tips for the coming week’s fun.
What You’ll Need
The Glitch Pattern: PDF or PAPER
Paper to print or copy foundation templates
You can buy kits with the paper pattern and beautifully curated fabrics (all the math done for you!) from Purple KATZ Quilting and Mashe Modern.
Quilt-alongs are a great way to connect with other quilters and make new friends, but sometimes it’s nice to have a little extra incentive to keep you on track! Check out our amazing sponsors!
- Grand Prize: $100 gift card from Purple KATZ Quilting
- Giucy Giuce – Fat quarter bundle of Spectrastatic fabric
- Mister Domestic – Bundle of 16 half-yard cuts of the latest Art Gallery Fabrics collections
- Gudrun Erla of GE Designs – $25 gift card for Stripology rulers, patterns, and more!
- The Cloth Parcel – PDF Pattern of your choice
- Krista Moser – Pattern of your choice
- Troll Brothers Quilt Designs – $25 gift card
- Sew Fine Thread Gloss – Your choice – 3 Sew Fine Thread Gloss scents!
- Patchwork Posse – 1 year membership to the IAQ $120 value
- PreQuilt – 6 months Basic PreQuilt subscription for free!
- On Williams Street – Any 3 PDF patterns of your choice
- Quilting by Christine – $50 gift certificate towards longarm quilting services
- Silly Moon Quilting Co – $25 gift certificate off the purchase of any ruler
- Stache Fabrics – 10 AGF Fat Quarters, Aurifil thread and Sew Fine Thread Gloss
- Quilt Fox Design – 3 winners! PDF Pattern of your choice
Because you might not have everything you need to make your Glitch quilt, our sponsors are here to help! Stock up on fabric, rulers, patterns, thread, fresh rotary cutter blades, pressing mats, and more! Once you sign up, you’ll get an email with exclusive discount codes to Purple KATZ Quilting, Stache Fabrics, Troll Brothers Quilt Designs, and Mashe Modern!
There will be more discounts offered only in the Glitch-Along emails once we get things started.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for frequently asked questions (and their answers!).
I can’t wait to see how your Glitch turns out!
8 thoughts on “Glitch-Along”
I thought you were in Toronto; why are your prices in USD?
Hi Karen, I am in Toronto. Most of my customers are in the US so it makes things easier for them. Send me an email and let me know what you’re trying to buy and I’ll see if I can help you out!
I do not have an Instagram account? Is there any other way to share as we go along before I join?
Hi Luann, you’re really missing out! There’s such a great quilting community over on Instagram. You’re welcome to share your own progress on other social networks, but all the giveaways and bonus challenges will be on Instagram. You can set up an account just for quilt alongs. Many people do!
Struggling to use Instagram. Been registered forever but I cannot “repost” “I’m Sew Totally In”. Really need some lessons on Instagram. I have been a follower of Gudrun on GE Designs for ages. I am one of her Crew members on Facebook too. LOL
Instagram is frustrating when it comes to reposts! I’ll include instructions in the next email!
Do you have to have an I-phone for instagram? I don’t. Can I do this on a Mac Lap-top?
You can get instagram for Android phones, too.